Effective Date: 5/10/2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Talitrix collects, uses, and shares personal information via its website, mobile applications, the wearable devices we sell or provide, and related services we provide (collectively, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice also describes the choices Talitrix offers with respect to such data when you use our Service. Talitrix provides monitoring and case management services to federal, state and local jurisdictions and law enforcement. We provide devices and services that help individuals comply with their bail or other supervised release conditions. By the nature of our Services, information we collect is shareable with authorities. We also provide a mobile application for victims that notifies victims if a participant is in an exclusion or inclusion zone near them. We collect information you choose to give us and other information that may be automatically collected from your use of the Site and your device. We use that information to operate our business, and for a variety of other purposes set forth below.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to third parties or their services. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information which cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices.
Information We Collect
To provide Talitrix Services, we collect data by which you may be personally identified such as your first and last name, phone number, email address, and account information. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Service, and usage data.
We collect this information from a variety of sources, including:
- – Directly from you when you provide it to us, including when you enroll in our Service or when you communicate through your device.
- – Automatically as you utilize the Service.
- – From third parties, including analytics providers.
- – From federal, state, and/or local authorities (who may, for example, communicate to us regarding supervised release conditions).
Information directly from you. The information we collect on or through our Service may include information that you provide directly to us. While you are wearing a Talitrix band, watch, or similar device, we may continuously collect specific location data, biometric data (such as heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, temperature, wrist temperature), the number of steps you take, and information about whether a device is active or in use. While you are using a Talitrix phone device, we may collect call logs and text messages, and other information about the use of the phone device. We also collect information provided at the time you fill out forms on our Service, register for an account, download our mobile applications, sign up for emails and newsletters, or communicate with us. If you make a purchase from us, we or our service provider may collect information regarding your purchase and payment information. If you download our mobile application for victims, we may collect information about you that relates you to an offender or alleged offender. Our mobile application for victims collects your location, compares it to the location of the offender or alleged offender, and provides related alerts and communications.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Sites through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address; date and time you access the services and the pages and content you access during your visit; websites that you link to or from; emails from us that you open and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information about your mobile device and how you interact with our mobile application. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed on the services and other websites. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our website or services. We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information we collect from third party sources. Advertisers, analytic services, and other third parties provide us information in connection with our Service and through tools they use to collect information about you when you use our services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They and we may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content, and for other purposes (such as to better understand our Service’s audience).
Information about you or from authorities. We may collect contact information, information about the nature of your offense or alleged offense and the terms of your release and probation or parole, details regarding geographic inclusion and/or exclusion zones, and other information about you, including information received from federal, state or local authorities regarding offenses or alleged offenses, terms of release, your compliance with those terms, and identification of supervising agencies or individuals. We may receive copies of the bond order and court or other official records related to your case.
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- – To operate our business, including fulfilling court orders and providing our Services.
- – To maintain, analyze, customize, measure and improve our Services.
- – To monitor participant location.
- – To report on participant activity and use of our Services to government authorities and others (such as victims or those entitled or permitted to such notice under law).
- – To provide customer support.
- – To communicate with you, including about products and/or services you may be interested in.
- – To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- – To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- – To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity, and to protect you, ourselves, and others.
- – For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law, or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may share information about you:
- – With local law enforcement, officials, courts, or other federal, state or local authorities to supervise and enforce the terms of your release. We do not control the use of information by these parties, and you should contact them to understand how they may use information about you.
- – To our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- – In order to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the interests, property or legal rights of you, ourselves, or third parties.
- – To law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- – To companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- – For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our legal terms, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- – With your direction or consent.
What Choices Do I Have?
Update personal information. If you are a member of a federal, state or local authority and have an account with us, you can log in to your account to review and change certain information about yourself, your agency, or participants who use our Services. In general, participants themselves are restricted from being able to access or update information provided to us by federal, state or local authorities. If you are a participant and believe that such information as provided to us or reflected in our system is incorrect, you should contact your relevant supervising authority. If you are a user of our mobile application for victims, you may access and modify your information by logging in to your account with us.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing information from Talitrix. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Talitrix, please contact us at email@example.com.